Saturday, November 15, 2008

Gadgets and More


I know. I know. This is my weakness. I like tech gadgets. Every time I read about a new gadget, I instantly feel that I "MUST" have it. But there's an ugly thing called "budgets." So, I usually don't (or can't) buy the newest model of whatever is being launched. I observe and wait. The new gadget is always in my mind. Typically, I end up buying a new gadget after one or two versions but earlier than it becomes common amongst the general public. I did that for an mp3 player, and I did that for a cell phone. I will talk about my cell phone later, so today I want to talk about my first mp3 player.

When I first bought my mp3 player, USB ports were nonexistent, I think. So, a device needed to use a parallel port to connect to a PC. Diamond Multimedia's Rio was all the rage. What I bought was not Rio but one that was slightly cheaper and that has a transparent case. I don't even remember the name. According to this article, mp3 players have been around for 10 years. When I read this article, I remember what I was doing at the time...

What I am eyeing for now is a GPS device shown in this article. I don't think I need it but maybe that's why I want it.

No comments: